Navy MWR presents in partnership with NEX and Viasat (GoWiFi), the 2018 Nothing But Net 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament & 3-Point Shootout. Throughout February Nothing But Net competitions will be held at Hampton Roads, VA Navy installations where winners earn the right to compete in a winner take all final tournament and shootout. So lace up your sneakers and start practicing for the chance to beat out the competition and be crowned as the Hampton Roads, VA Navy MWR Nothing But Net champion.
JEB Little Creek (Rockwell Hall Gym)
3-on-3 Tournament: Saturday, February 3 @ 1 p.m.
3-Point Shootout: Saturday, February 3 @ 1 p.m.
Naval Station Norfolk (Q-80 Athletic Complex)
3-on-3 Tournament: Saturday, February 24 @ 10:30 a.m.
3-Point Shootout: Saturday, February 24 @ 9:30 a.m.
NAS Oceana / Dam Neck (Flightline Fitness Center)
3-on-3 Tournament: Wednesday, February 14 @ 4 p.m.
3-Point Shootout: Thursday, February 15 @ 4 p.m.
NSA Hampton Roads (Headquarters NH-30 Gym)
3-on-3 Tournament: Tuesday, February 13 @ 6 p.m.
3-Point Shootout: Tuesday, February 13 @ 5 p.m.
Norfolk Naval Shipyard (Callaghan Fitness Center)
3-on-3 Tournament: Thursday, February 15 @ 4:30 p.m.
3-Point Shootout: Monday, February 12 @ 4:30 p.m.
Naval Weapons Station Yorktown / CAX / HH (Sports Zone Gym)
3-on-3 Tournament: Thursday, February 15 @ 6 p.m.
3-Point Shootout: Thursday, February 15 @ 6 p.m.
The Nothing But Net Championship tournament and shootout will be held on Thursday, March 1 at the NAS Oceana Flightline Fitness Center!
Rules & Regulations
TEAMS: Three players on the court; five players per team. Substitutions may be made during a dead ball.
TIME: The game consists of an eight-minute running clock or until a team scores 10 points. All games must be won by at least two points unless the time limit is reached. If tied at the end of eight minutes, the next point scored will determine the winner.
SCORE: One point per basket, two points from behind the arc.
ELIGIBILITY: Tournament is open to all eligible male and female MWR patrons ages 18 and older, to include active duty, reservists, retirees, family members and DoD civilians. Limit one event (Tournament or Shootout).
- Possession changes after each basket.
- The “Check Line” is determined by the three point arc. The ball will be inbounded by the official after each point.
- Defensive rebounds (including air balls) and steals must be passed or dribbled beyond the arc. The ball does not need to be given to a different player. As long as the ball goes beyond the arc, there are no limitations on who can shoot it.
- Alternating possession on all jump ball situations will be in effect.
- The offensive team must “pass the ball in” before a shot is attempted.
- A team will be awarded possession at the top of the arc for a non-shooting foul. A team will be awarded one free throw on all shooting fouls (both inside and beyond the arc). Also, a team will be awarded one free throw for fouls when the opposing team commits their fifth foul.
- Clock will stop in the last minute of the game for dead balls.
- Each team is awarded one 30-second timeout per game.
TIME: The game consists of a 12-minute running clock or until a team scores 15 points. All games must be won by at least two points, unless the time limit is reached. If tied at the end of 12 minutes, sudden death overtime will take place with a coin toss determining possession. The first point scored will determine the winner.
ELIGIBILITY: Tournament is open to top two teams from installation’s preliminary tournament.
ELIGIBILITY: Shootout is open to all eligible male and female MWR patrons ages 18 and older, to include active duty, reservists, retirees, family members and DoD civilians. Limit one event (Tournament or Shootout).
- 75-second rounds.
- Round starts on release.
- Five racks with five balls each, including one money ball.
- Standard 3-point contest format using Nike Elite Standard Ball.
- Tiebreaker awarded to shooter that completed their round the fastest.
- The top two shooters will move on to the final shootout.