Deer Cove Golf Course is an 18-hole course with a par 65 measuring 4,439 yards. Built shortly after the Cheatham Annex Depot was opened during WWII, golfing regulars consider the short course a fun and exciting experience. Amenities include driving range, golf club and cart rental and small pro shop.
Tournaments and Events
- Join us for one of many Deer Cove tournaments; intramural, Club Championships, Captain's Choice two to four-person competitions, Turkey Shoots, Red/White & Blue Multi-Tee event, Wednesday Pickup Scrambles, and many others throughout the year
- Schedule a family outing/reunion
- Schedule a command function
- Invite your staff for a day of golf and team building
Golf Course Information
18-Hole, Par 67
Blue - 4476 (61.1/93)
White - 3985 (60.1/90)
Red - 3516 (60.0/91)
The golf course is open seven days per week, 362 days per year. Opening and closing times vary with the season and weather. Please call the golf shop for more information.
Golf Shop/Snack Bar
Grab a cold beverage or snack at the turn or when you complete your round. A small assortment of merchandise is available for your golfing needs. Purchase a hat or shirt with the Deer Cove logo.
Tee times are not required at Deer Cove. Come out, get on the course with ease, and play anytime.
Driving Range and Practice Facilities
- Nine-hole practice putting green
- Versatile practice chipping green
- Nine covered stall hitting stations
- Four grass hitting stations
- Individual with Video
- Playing Lessons
- Physically Adjusted Lessons
Lesson areas include golf swing, short game, putting, course management, fitness for golf. Video lessons are by appointment only. Please call the golf shop at 757-887-6539 to schedule an appointment.
Opportunities are available for civilians to receive a gate pass to access the golf course only. Call the golf shop and request the access form and we will submit it to the security department upon approval of your pass, it is automatically renewed every three months.
Gold club rentals
Small pro shop