In 1975, Admiral James Fife, Jr. bequeathed his estate to the SUBASE to have it developed into a place of recreation. This beautiful wildlife area features 40 acres of property with a two-acre pond.
The property is open to all authorized patrons only. Department of Defence ID card required for access.
Other amenities include
- Caretaker on site
- Large pavilion for group outings/command functions (reservations required)
- Softball field
- Volleyball court
- Half-court basketball
- Horseshoe pits
- Hiking trails
- Catch & release fishing
Reservations for the pavilion are made through the Subase swimming pool, (860) 694-3562.
Please note No camping. Dogs allowed.
Admiral Fife Dog Policy
- Dogs are permitted on trails only and must remain on a leash at all times.
- Owners/keepers must remove and properly dispose of pet waste left by the pet.
- Dogs are not allowed in buildings, pavilion, and playground areas.
- A dog's owner or keeper is liable for any damage or injury caused by his dog.