Pierside Gymnasium maintains a 25-yard outdoor pool for fitness laps with six lanes for commands and individuals to work on fitness and stroke skills, swim lessons with depths of three to five feet which is great for learning, and open swim featuring free pool time for families to enjoy the pool. Additionally, the pool deck is set with lounge chairs, tables and chairs for sunbathing. One or two lap lanes will be available during open swim and whenever a group exercise course is not occurring. 2022 JEBLC Aquatics Info Guide
Pool and deck rules
- Running on the pool deck is prohibited.
- Diving is not permitted.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets are permitted.
- Children ages 10 to 17 must pass a swim test to enter deep water and in order for them to swim alone.
- Horseplay (pushing, dunking, throwing, shoulder carrying, etc.) is not permitted.
- Gymnastics (flips, back dives, etc.) off the side of the pool are not permitted.
- Playing or tampering with safety equipment is prohibited.
- Excessive breath holding and drown proofing are not permitted.
- Children who are not potty trained must be in both a swim diaper and bathing suit.
How are we doing? We value your feedback and would like to hear from you.