North Lake has become a destination stop for all with access to SUBASE. It is the "Cool" place to hang out and escape the heat of Summer. The facility is open the second week in June through Labor Day.
New to North Lake in 2016 is the addition of the very popular and awesome WIBIT water obstacle system. The system has completely enhance the lake experience for all patrons.
Other amenities include:
- Man-made chlorinated lake with American Red Cross (ARC) certified lifeguards
- Beautiful well groomed and maintained sandy beach
- Large size pavilion with picnic tables
- Indoor shower house and changing area
- Lifeguard on duty (no guard = no swimming)
- Horseshoe pits
- Volleyball court
- Floating platform
- Chaise lounge chairs
- Cabanas with chaise lounges and ice chest (for rent)
- No glass containers or pets are permitted at the lake at any time
- Children who cannot swim must be in direct supervision by an adult (18 years or older). Children must be 12 years and able to swim to be left at the lake unattended.
- US Coast Guard certified personal flotation devices are permitted for use in the shallow end only. Direct supervision is required at all times.
- Children 17 years of age and younger must take a brief swim test to swim in the deep end of the lake (this includes Subscol sailors).
- Single size personal floats are permitted in the deep end of the lake.
- Check with lifeguards for WIBIT rules.
- All other rules and regulations are posted on signs around the facility.
Reservation made through the SUBASE swimming pool, (860) 694-3562.